By creating a Lasting Power Of Attorney (LPA) you can appoint a trusted friend or loved one to look after your affairs if you are unable to yourself, because of illness or an accident for example. These can cover both financial and medical affairs. If you don’t have a Power of Attorney and become too ill to make decisions, the courts will appoint someone for you!
Your LPA expert will be able to provide guidance on what options are best suited to your situation, advice about who would make an appropriate Attorney and the benefits of having a Lasting power of Attorney in place. Once you have decided what type of Attorney you need your LPA expert will put it in place so that your chosen Attorney will be able to act when it becomes necessary.
Fixed Fee Lasting Power of Attorney services
We offer a competitive fixed rate fee service, so you will know the exact cost of setting up your LPA before any work takes place. Once you have agreed the price it is guaranteed not to change.
For more information or Guidance on Lasting Power of Attorney service that we offer you can call us 0344 880 2087 or send us a call back request.
Why use a Professional Lasting Power of Attorney Service?
Our Lasting Power of Attorney service is provided by our in-house team of experts. We provide a fully guided service so that all of our customers receive the right information and advice, tailored to their unique needs. We make sure that all of our customers fully understand the implications of setting up an LPA and what an Attorney is able to do.
Our experts will;
- Provide advice on the different types of LPAs, their benefits and how they are applicable to your personal circumstances.
- Provide advice on how to choose your attorneys and what their role is.
- Provide advice on how your attorneys should act and solutions to possible complications that may arise.
- Provide advice and suggest preferences or limitations on what your attorney will be able to do depending on your personal circumstances, which will then be attached to the LPA Document.
- Prepare the LPA documents.
- Provide detailed guidance on how to sign the LPA documents correctly.
- Once signed and returned, check to ensure there are no errors.
- Complete and submit the LPA documents to be registered by the Office of Public Guardian.
- Correspond with the Office of Public Guardian whenever necessary and handle any challenges or queries made by them.
- Return the registered LPA to you for safe keeping with additional certified copies for your attorneys, if requested.
Types of Lasting Power of Attorney
We offer both Health and Welfare and Property and Finance Lasting Power of Attorneys. You can choose to create just one type of attorney or both. Choosing your attorney in advance means that in event that you need help with managing your affairs your Attorney will be someone that understands your needs rather than a state appointed Attorney.
Health and Welfare
The Health and Welfare document gives the Attorney the legal authority to make any health and welfare decision on the customer’s behalf, this could include:
- Giving or refusing consent for any medical treatment including surgery
- The decision to refuse life sustaining treatment
- Day to day welfare such as routine, dress or diet
- Dealing with Social Service on their behalf
- Where to live – choosing if the donor should be placed into a care home or stay home. Also choosing which care home the donor would be placed in.
- Access to medical records and personal information
Property and Financial Power of Attorney
The Property and Final Affairs document gives the Attorney the legal authority to deal with any aspects of the donor’s financial affairs on their behalf, this could include:
- Paying bills
- Dealing with bank and building society accounts.
- Claiming any benefits, pensions and allowances
- Buying or selling property
- Continuing gifts to family and charities
To get a free quote for our Lasting Power of Attorney service and begin your Lifetime Legal membership speak to one of our expert advisers on 0344 880 2087 or request a call back via our enquiry form.